Put like that, we had to agree. Now we examine the process by which this is achieved. Let's remind ourselves how Dialogue works...
- An email is sent asking the client to write a review on your own website*
- That email is followed up - within minutes - with a phone call. The sole purpose of that call is to stress to your client just how much you value their opinion
- The client writes a review on your website
- An email is sent, automatically, asking your client to copy their review to Google
- The client copies their review to Google
This is how it goes (and if you stray from this process the results you get will suffer):
- Warn clients at every opportunity during your relationship that you will be asking for a review and just how important it is that they write one, to you and to Google
- Email clients asking for the review - one at a time
- Phone straight away, within five minutes
- Re-stress just how important both reviews are
- Phone back if the reviews are not written within 24 hours
The key is to get inside the mind of your client: understand what will motivate them to write the review (you - and only you - know exactly what you did so well for them, and they may need a gentle reminder!) and they'll do it. Try and do it all by email and, unfortunately, yours will join that endless pile of 'emails I must get round to answering (but never do)' in your clients' in-boxes.
Advice for managers
The most successful businesses make review harvest a part of every member of staff's role. Staff are trained to:
- Mention the fact that a review will be requested at point-of-sale: 'So we can be sure our high standards are maintained we ask all our clients to write a review when our job is complete.'
- Recognise opportunities to invite the review: for example, when a client pays a compliment to the business, in person, by email or over the phone: 'Thank you so much for saying that, may I ask you to repeat it in your review?'
- Follow up the request by phone - this is key to getting the review to Google
HelpHound client services
Remember that Karen Hutchings and her team are here to help and guide. Just a call or an email away you will find years of experience and professional knowledge.
*Please don't underestimate the value of this review (the one posted to your own website); with hundreds of visitors to the average estate agents' website every month, those reviews produce results like these.
And never succumb to the temptation to short-cut the process by asking them to post straight to Google; that way lies significant potential for disaster (more on that here).