Read the whole article on Tnooz.
Lessons to take away from these findings:
- Your TripAdvisor listing, both in terms of ranking and lack of negative posts, is now more important than ever before
- Allocate the kind of resources (human and financial) that recognise how important your image on TripAdvisor is to your property
- By all means dedicate some time and resource to Facebook and Twitter, but not at the expense of doing all you can to maintain and improve your TripAdvisor listing
- Reply to guest reviews - it is a great way of enhancing your image in the eyes of TripAdvisor visitors (your potential guests)
- Reward repeat guests - upgrades/name-checks and everything you can do to make them feel special
- Seriously consider introducing some kind of 'friends and family' reward, so you make the most of your guests' goodwill